4.28.2011

Prayers Please...


The post today will be a little different. I come today asking for prayers for the people of Alabama and all other states affected by the storms and tornadoes that ripped through the southeast. I am very grateful we are safe, along with our family and friends. My husband and I live in Birmingham and our neighborhood was struck hard by a small tornado/straight line winds early yesterday morning, before the evening storm. We are thankful our home was spared; only trees down in the back yard. We are still without power and are staying with friends and family. Please pray for our precious state as the search continues for survivors and the clean up begins as people rebuild their lives.
 *Images courtesy of al.com of the part of town I live in. 


If you are local we would like to help. Structures, Inc. would like to send our thoughts and prayers to anyone affected by the tragedy and offer our support and assistance to anyone as they recover and rebuild their homes or business. If you or anyone you know has property  that has damage, please do not hesitate to contact us to help. We wish you strength, peace, and safety in the days and months ahead.

16 comments:

The Sister Sophisticate said...

You and all whom were affected are definitely in my prayers!God bless!

G said...

Having just seen nature's fury in Australia... you are in my thoughts... gxo

ejlynn said...

God was merciful to our families Megan. Matt.5:45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

A Perfect Gray said...

so hard to believe. thoughts and prayers are with you all. love, donna

IAMSNOWFLAKE said...

My thoughts and my prayers are with all affected and their loved ones.

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

I am from Alabama and have never seen anything so devastating. My prayers are with you and your family... xo, Tiffany

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

So devastating!! We live in Prattville, AL and spent most of the evening in the closet. Our neighborhood was flattened about 4 yrs ago before we lived here. Can't imagine the devastation, glad you're safe and praying for everyone affected.

Wahzat Gayle said...

Saying thanks that your home was spared and saying a prayer for the state. so much devastation very scary. Giving thanks for those who have life

Lyndsay & Co. said...

I am so sorry to hear about your neighbors! I know exactly what you're going though. I live in North Carolina and we were hit hard two weeks ago...thinking about all of y'all in Alabama...

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Strength and peace. Soooo sorry for your community.

Joshua & Ashley said...

Will be keeping ALABAMA & The South in my prayers!

carolyn bradford said...

Hasn't it been so hard seeing all of this? We are still without power as well and just heartbroken for those that have lost so much...
Carolyn

Asia said...

This is a scary the element! I keep my fingers crossed. Good luck

JMW said...

Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Hopefully your power will return soon. We're thinking of you and all who were affected by these devastating storms.

1 Funky Woman said...

Most definitely sending prayers and hope for finding survivors!

Megan

Melly said...

May we all be blessed gods
and kept away from
disaster, ..